Flexible connectivity. Seamless scalability. Windstream SD-WAN delivers cloud-ready, secure and cost-effective networking to branch offices and remote sites via software intelligence—irrespective of the underlying connection type, access point or carrier.
Get ready for a more tailored, flexible and controllable WAN experience
Using software-defined networking (SDN), Windstream SD-WAN dynamically routes traffic over a combination of private and public access types to reach multiple locations. Instead of managing various routers, firewalls and switches (and their vendors), network services are hosted on virtual machines and controlled from a convenient centralized location, giving you access to—and control over—the entire network.
The Windstream SD-WAN solution
Nearly seventy percent of U.S.-based companies plan to migrate from a traditional WAN to an SD-WAN solution in the next 18 months*. And for good reason. Windstream SD-WAN delivers everything your network needs to be agile, efficient and ready for the cloud era.
* IDC’s WW SD-WAN Survey Special Report, May 2016
Simplify network management
Windstream SD-WAN converges voice, data and video applications on the same IP backbone. That means you can use existing hardware and available access types to connect locations—reducing capital investment, lowering provisioning time and simplifying technology migration. There are no manual switches to engage or monitor, plus a centralized portal that offers deep visibility. Automatic updates and upgrades ensure no downtime or business interruptions.
Keep critical data safe
Your employees want ubiquitous access to private and public paths, and it’s your job to keep data safe and secure. Now you don’t have to choose. With Windstream SD-WAN, a secure abstracted overlay creates a virtual private network on top of existing connection points. All network traffic is encrypted, for security in a borderless environment.
Increase efficiency and resiliency
Windstream SD-WAN determines the most effective way to dynamically route traffic to multiple locations. Business policies automatically prioritize and de-prioritize traffic, making better use of bandwidth to enhance performance and overall user experience. What’s more, dual active links provide redundant and/or diverse connections at each site, increasing network resiliency.
With rapid site deployment with standardized low-touch provisioning, you’ll hit the ground running while transferring any capital outlay risk, network configuration and maintenance to Windstream. When you’re ready to grow, Windstream SD-WAN scales seamlessly to accommodate new sites with easily activated circuits to meet your ongoing business needs.
- Hybrid WAN: Integrates private and public links into one hybrid architecture
- Flexible connectivity: Ubiquitous access connects disparate locations
- Private network: Secure abstracted overlay creates a VPN across connection points
- Software-based: Converges voice, data and video apps with low-touch provisioning
- Dynamic path selection: Business policies automatically prioritize and de-prioritize traffic
- Dual active links: Redundant and/or diverse connections at each site
- Centralized management: ‘Single pane of glass’ customer portal
- Managed service: Windstream manages, maintains and monitors the solution for all networks
- Support increasing use of cloud-based applications
- Protect data across all locations
- Lower CAPEX and transfer outlay risk
- Optimize performance across network applications
- Boost network resiliency
- Simplify network management
- Gain greater visibility over network traffic
- Reduce OPEX and IT management time
- Increase business agility and scalability
Ready to future proof your network?
Windstream can help you transition to Windstream SD-WAN at your own pace, whether that’s launching Windstream SD-WAN across your entire organization or by trialing small locations before transitioning larger or more critical locations. Windstream SD-WAN pairs easily with existing Windstream solutions, including MPLS IP VPN, UCaaS, Managed Network Security and Cloud Connect, for a comprehensive network solution that’s built to perform today and tomorrow.