Windstream's Milwaukee, Wisconsin Data Center delivers the highest level of security, safety, redundancy, reliability, scalability and technology.
Our Milwaukee data center is audited under SSAE-16 SOC 1 Type II standards annually.
- Located in the heart of downtown Milwaukee
- 2,900 sq. ft. raised floor data center area
- Full cabinets and half cabinets for customer equipment
Power is a major component of data center colocation. Windstream has gone to great lengths to ensure that power supplied is clean, consistent, and reliable. Our power distribution systems ensure that every power circuit delivered to a customer's cabinet is clean and isolated from other customer circuits (i.e. no shared power circuits). PDU (Power Distribution Units) act as "smart" circuit breaker panels, monitoring both input and output voltages and currents.
- 1200 Amps of incoming power from the utility company
- One (1) Detroit Diesel 800kw backup generator
- One (1) 600 gallon double wall steel fuel storage tank
- Contracts with multiple fuel vendors
- Generators tested monthly on load
- PM performed bi-annually with a load bank test
UPS (Uninterruptable Power Supply):
- One (1) APC Comet 100kVA UPS inverter and battery packs
HVAC is critical in the design of the colocation facility; safe conditions are regulated with respect to temperature and humidity. With 140 tons of cooling capacity and 80 tons installed today servicing the Milwaukee Data Center, Windstream monitors the facility's environment to keep temperatures averaging 74 degrees F (+/- 2deg) and humidity levels at 44% (+/- 5%).
- 18" Raised panel flooring system and drop ceiling for efficient air handling
- Water detection system under floor perimeter within data center
Fire Suppression / Smoke Detection
The facility is protected by a clean agent FM200 fire suppression system. FM200 is people safe and environmentally friendly. It is non-conductive, non-corrosive, and one of the most versatile clean agents available, leaving no residue behind to damage electronic equipment.
Windstream has a WDM (Wavelength-Division Multiplexing) system in service that connects the Milwaukee switch site to Chicago, Madison, Dubuque, Davenport, Champaign, Mattoon, and Saint Louis. The system supports native Ethernet and wavelength services for channel speeds up to 10Gbps.
Data Center Colocation Security Access
Windstream provides 24-hour unescorted access to its colocation facilities for authorized individuals only.
Windstream's security measures include:
- Card-reader access system
- Video surveillance and capture to DVR
- Electronic verification by Windstream personnel
- Individual cabinet combination locks
Learn More About Our Colocation Services
Visit the Data Center Locations page to find other Windstream data center facilities strategically located nationwide—or contact a trusted Windstream advisor to learn more about colocation, dedicated server, managed services and other enterprise services and capabilities at our Milwaukee, Wisconsin Data Center facility.