The Windstream Data Center in Houston, Texas is designed to meet the growing demand for colocation, ensuring your systems, applications and data are securely protected.
Our Houston Data Center is audited under SSAE-16 SOC 1 Type II standards annually. Windstream Data Centers deliver the highest level of security, safety, redundancy, reliability, scalability and technology. Below are some of the general features of our Houston data center.
- 2,200 sq. ft. data center
- Full cabinets and half cabinets for customer equipment
Power is a major component of Data Center Colocation. Windstream has gone to great lengths to ensure that the power supplied is clean, consistent, and reliable. Our power distribution systems ensure that every power circuit delivered to a customer's cabinet is clean and isolated from other customer circuits (i.e. no shared power circuits). PDU (Power Distribution Units) act as "smart" circuit breaker panels, monitoring both input and output voltages and currents.
- 2,000 Amps at 480 Volts of incoming power from the utility company
- One (1) Generac 1000kw backup generator
- One (1) 1,500 gallon double wall steel fuel storage tank
- Contracts with multiple fuel vendors
- Generators tested weekly at no load and bi-weekly at full load
UPS (Uninterruptable Power Supply):
- One (1) Liebert 225kVA UPS inverter and battery packs
With 90 tons of cooling capacity currently installed and the ability to expand to 120 tons in the Houston facility, Windstream monitors the facility's environment to keep temperatures averaging 74 degrees F (+/- 2deg) and humidity levels at 44% (+/- 5%).
Fire Suppression / Smoke Detection
The Houston Data Center facility uses a pre-action dry pipe fire suppressant. The system utilizes a grid work of smoke / heat sensors in the ceiling.
Windstream's Network Engineering is actively deploying a 40 wavelength system providing up to 10G channels that provides backbone connectivity between Houston, San Antonio, Austin, Dallas, Tyler, Nacogdoches, and Beaumont.
Windstream utilizes a suite of monitoring tools and methods to provide proactive notification of server or service affecting outages. Options for monitoring include SNMP based metrics for server health (cpu utilization, drive space, memory usage), service or daemon status (service up / down), or standard TCP / IP protocol response (ping, http, https, smtp, ftp), as well as nonstandard application-dependant port response. Thresholds for alarm escalation and specific ports or services must be identified by the client prior to the establishment of monitoring.
Data Center Colocation Security Access
Windstream provides 24-hour unescorted access to its colocation facilities for authorized individuals only.
Authorized individuals include:
- Pre-authorized Windstream customers issued a Windstream Photo ID Badge
- Onsite Windstream employees
- Contractors authorized to perform routine and/or emergency maintenance within the facility
Windstream's security measures include:
- Mantrap Entrance System with Three (3) Tier authentication
- Card access system
- Biometric identity access system
- Unique combination locks on customer cabinets
- Video surveillance and capture to DVR
Learn More About Our Colocation Services
Visit the Data Center Locations page to find other Windstream data center facilities strategically located nationwide—or contact a trusted Windstream advisor to learn more about colocation, dedicated server, managed services and other enterprise services and capabilities at our Houston, Texas Data Center facility.