Get Faster, Faster.With installation typically in 30 days or less, Windstream Fixed Wireless brings you affordable, fast, secure network connectivity at speeds up to 1G.
Fixed Wireless—For Network Diversity
Windstream’s Fixed Wireless technology provides carrier-grade Ethernet connectivity and network diversity delivered by digital microwave technology. It’s an ideal solution for high-capacity applications in private Metro Area Networks supporting Voice, Private Line, Multi Protocol Label Switching (MPLS) and Dedicated Internet services. Fixed Wireless service is delivered with 100% access diversity from traditional local exchange carrier fiber routes, providing a high-speed access alternative for businesses needing more robust connectivity and a ‘fast-track’ installation and Internet access option.
With the migration of key business applications to the cloud, high network availability is no longer a luxury, it is a necessity. Whether supplementing existing connectivity from an alternate provider with standalone Fixed Wireless or combining it with Windstream’s fiber, there is no better way to maintain uninterrupted connectivity to business-critical applications.
Fixed Wireless Installs in 30 Days or Less*:
No Waiting for Fiber Build Out
Windstream Fixed Wireless bypasses buried fiber and copper/coax networks, utilizing digital microwave technology to beam transmissions via microwave radios that quickly install on business building roof tops. You avoid high build-out costs—and long waits for buried installations. Fixed Wireless network installation is fast, reliable and secure and is typically ready in 30 days or less.
Fixed Wireless Features and Benefits
- Network Diversity: Diverse “last mile” access ensures your high-availability network is operational with alternate routes built above buried utilities
- Fast Installation/Rapid Deployment: Installed and operational in 30 days or less*
- Minimal Upfront Investment: Fully managed solution with no expensive build costs that minimizes upfront investments
- Scalable Bandwidth: Speeds from 1 Mbps to 1GigE
- Full Service: Supports Private line, Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS) with Quality of Service (QoS), Voice (SIP or TDM) and Dedicated Internet
- Enterprise Service Level Agreement (SLA): Supports carrier-grade SLAs for high-quality service and high-performance metrics with online performance reporting
- 24 x 7 Support: Offers network reliability and security with around-the-clock NOC and field technician service
- Secure: Delivered to the rooftop using encrypted line-of-site connectivity
- Short-Term Event Service: Temporary, scalable, secure on-demand Internet service available for conventions, conferences, trade shows, concerts, sports and other short-term entertainment and special events
Fixed Wireless Markets
Windstream Fixed Wireless service is currently available in these metro markets with ongoing expansion into new markets across the country.
- Cedar Rapids
- Kansas City
- Little Rock
- New Holland
- New York City
- Salt Lake City
- St. Louis
- San Antonio
Fixed Wireless Internet & High Speed Data Delivery Video
Watch this video to see how Windstream Fixed Wireless provides fast, secure Internet and high-speed data delivery via wireless connections between fixed points.