Get Faster, Faster.With installation typically in 30 days or less, Windstream Fixed Wireless brings you affordable, fast, secure network connectivity at speeds up to 1G.
Fixed Wireless—For Network Diversity
Windstream’s Fixed Wireless technology provides carrier-grade Ethernet connectivity and network diversity delivered by digital microwave technology. It’s an ideal solution for high-capacity applications in private Metro Area Networks supporting Voice, Private Line, Multi Protocol Label Switching (MPLS) and Dedicated Internet services. Fixed Wireless service is delivered with 100% access diversity from traditional local exchange carrier fiber routes, providing a high-speed access alternative for businesses needing more robust connectivity and a ‘fast-track’ installation and Internet access option.
With the migration of key business applications to the cloud, high network availability is no longer a luxury, it is a necessity. Whether supplementing existing connectivity from an alternate provider with standalone Fixed Wireless or combining it with Windstream’s fiber, there is no better way to maintain uninterrupted connectivity to business-critical applications.
Fixed Wireless Installs in 30 Days or Less*:
No Waiting for Fiber Build Out
Windstream Fixed Wireless bypasses wireline fiber and copper/coax last mile connections, utilizing digital microwave technology to beam transmissions via microwave radios that quickly install on business building rooftops. You avoid high build-out costs—and long waits for permitting and digging-up streets. Fixed Wireless network installation is fast, reliable and secure and is typically ready in 30 days or less.
Fixed Wireless Features and Benefits
- Network Diversity: Diverse “last mile” access ensures your high-availability network is operational in the event or a wireline outage
- Fast Installation/Rapid Deployment: Installed and operational in 30 days or less*
- Minimal Upfront Investment: Fully managed solution with no expensive build costs that minimizes upfront investments
- Scalable Bandwidth: Speeds from 1 Mbps to 1GigE
- Full Service: Supports Private line, Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS) with Quality of Service (QoS), Voice (SIP or TDM) and Dedicated Internet
- Enterprise Service Level Agreement (SLA): Supports carrier-grade SLAs for high-quality service and high-performance metrics with online performance reporting
- 24 x 7 Support: Offers network reliability and security with around-the-clock NOC and field technician service
- Secure: Delivered to the rooftop using encrypted line-of-sight connectivity
- Short-Term Event Service: Temporary, scalable, secure on-demand Internet service available for conventions, conferences, trade shows, concerts, sports and other short-term entertainment and special events
Fixed Wireless Markets
Windstream Fixed Wireless service is currently available in these metro markets with ongoing expansion into new markets across the country.
- Cedar Rapids
- Kansas City
- Little Rock
Fixed Wireless Networking Options
Combine Windstream Fixed Wireless with Windstream fiber to optimize network connectivity and resiliency and failover for mission-critical applications. Add Windstream Fixed Wireless to supplement connectivity from an alternate provider to add diversity and resiliency for business continuity. Or choose standalone Windstream Fixed Wireless for reliable, high-speed network connectivity.
See the broader picture.
Let’s optimize your entire WAN.
Managing the full WAN environment, including MPLS IP VPN, Internet, Switched Ethernet, broadband links, wireless, voice and other connections is no simple task. Why not leverage our team of highly trained network engineers to maintain, monitor and manage your WAN—all while ensuring an optimized network that prioritizes bandwidth according to application requirements and demands.
Or maybe you just need the flexibility to manage these various connectivity options across one scalable, multipurpose network.
Guard against downtime with Windstream’s Access Diversity solutions.
An Access Diversity solution from Windstream keeps businesses operating even when their primary access link is cut and completely down. Learn about our various diversity solutions that let you choose your ideal balance of cost, bandwidth and availability—from physically diverse Fixed Wireless connections and dual-path fiber failover to economical choices like 4G Wireless Backup to be used on an as needed basis—we have the right business continuity solution for your business.