Nashville, TN Data Center
Windstream’s Nashville, TN Data Center is a Tier 3 Certified Facility Designed to Ensure your IT Systems, Applications and Data are Safe and Secure.
Windstream Hosted Solutions’ Nashville, TN Data Center offers complete, end-to-end communications and technology solutions to enterprise customers. Leveraging our core nationwide IP network, our Nashville data center offers a full suite of cloud computing, data storage and managed services—including voice and data services such as VoIP, SIP trunking, MPLS, dedicated high-speed Internet, business continuity and disaster recovery solutions and more. Statistics show the majority of businesses who do not have an IT backup plan in place eventually fail after they experience a disaster. The Nashville Data Center is a Tier 3 certified facility designed to ensure your critical IT systems, applications and data are safe from tornadoes, hurricanes, earthquakes, fires, floods and other disasters—natural or otherwise.
- 22,000 sq. ft. facility with 10,000 sq. ft. of raised floor data center space
- Secured customer cages and cabinets available
- Robust Network Operations Center (NOC)
- Tier 3 modular design for easy capacity expansion as needed
- Fully 2N A-side and B-side power distribution design
- No single points of failure and all components concurrently maintainable
- LEED Gold
- 1.2-1.5 PUE target
- 2,500kVA of utility capacity expandable to 12,000kVA
- Two redundant 2,000kW Cummings generators each with 4,000 gallons of fuel storage
- Site is expandable to ten 2,000kW generators
- Partnerships with multiple fuel vendors for fuel delivery
- Generators tested weekly at no load and quarterly at full load
- Redundant A-side and B-side Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC)
- Both the A-side and B-side electrical systems have modular 1,200kW high-efficiency Uninterrupted Power Supply (UPS) systems
- Total of two 1,200kVA APC UPSs expandable to ten
- 1,200kW of usable UPS capacity expandable to 6,000kW
- Eight 300kVA Power Distribution Units (PDU) with branch circuit monitoring
- Site expandable to 40 PDUs
- Each customer cabinet will have redundant A-side and B-side power feeds
With 360 tons of cooling capacity (site expandable to 1,800 tons) servicing the Nashville Data Center, Windstream monitors the environment to keep temperatures averaging 74 degrees F (+/- 2 deg) and humidity levels at 45% (+/- 5%).
- Four high-efficiency 120 ton packaged roof top air handlers (site expandable to twenty 120 ton packaged rooftop air handlers)
- Outside air economization with integrated controls for high efficiency
- N+1 cooling redundancy
- All HVAC units are dual fed from A-side and B-side sources and automatically transfer to the alternate source in case of an upstream electrical failure
Fire Suppression/Smoke Detection
The Nashville Data Center uses a dry-pipe, pre-action sprinkler system. The system utilizes a grid work of smoke/heat sensors both in the ceiling and below floors.
- Multiple zone VESDA early warning systems
- Three-level alarm annunciation throughout complex
The Nashville Data Center is connected to multiple Windstream core POP sites via redundant OC-192 10Gbps circuits. Each circuit takes diverse paths from the data center facility and the circuit paths are engineered so that there is no single point of failure. In addition to circuit redundancy, all core network gear within the data center is fully redundant as well. In each POP site, fully redundant peering with multiple Tier 1 ISPs is provided. This design ensures that the loss of one upstream provider causes no service disruption to customers subscribing to data center Managed Internet services from Windstream.
Windstream customers may also contract with their vendor/carrier of choice for connectivity or network resources outside of the multiple carriers providing bandwidth and Internet ingress/egress to Windstream Data Center facilities.
Onsite Staff 24 x 7
Windstream maintains an onsite support NOC and engineering staff 24 x 7, providing facilities and network monitoring, security, professional services (both ad-hoc and pre-purchased), technical and remote-hands support.
Windstream utilizes a suite of monitoring tools and methods to provide proactive notification of server or service-affecting outages. A building monitoring and control system also monitors the health and operation of all critical facilities infrastructure, environmental conditions and power usage.
Data Center Security Access
Windstream provides 24-hour access to its colocation facilities for authorized individuals only.
Authorized individuals include:
- Pre-authorized Windstream Hosted Solutions employees
- Onsite Windstream Hosted Solutions employees
- Contractors authorized to perform routine and/or emergency maintenance within the facility
Security controls include:
- Card access system
- Electronic verification by Windstream Hosted Solutions personnel
- Biometric identity access system
- Video surveillance and capture to DVR
- 24 x 7 onsite personnel